When I think of Spring I think of Asparagus. It’s green, it’s beautiful and it’s so delish. In my opinion, asparagus should just be made as simply as possible. Steamed, sauteed, grilled, baked ….seasoned lightly and served. This is the way I made it for dinner the other night. Tell me if this is easy enough for you.
- 2 bunches of fresh asparagus stalks
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese - optional
- Wash stalks well in cold water to remove any sand.
- Here's where I disagree with my husband on preparing the stalks. He cuts off a small portion of the bottom and that's it. I do it my way because there is nothing more aggravating than a tough END. When you bend an asparagus spear, a small miracle occurs.....It snaps at exactly the spot where tough stalk meets tender spear. It works and you will never be left with that woody end part in your mouth that inevitably ends up in your napkin.
- Next: Preheat oven to 425F
- Place washed and trimmed asparagus stalks on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 -20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve. DONE AND DONE.