Mini Blueberry Pancakes – Gluten Free or Regular
I’m dreaming Spring today! Making blueberry pancakes this small justifies the fact that I ate 29 of them. Right?
Oh and remember I told you about the flower thief in the neighbourhood?
well ….uh…top right corner – stolen ….bottom right corner – purchased. If you are one of my neighbours and reading this….thank you for living on the same street as the GOE.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour or 1 cup #glutenfree flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed - optional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar or honey or agave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 package vanilla sugar (I use Dr. Oetker)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup milk (or #dairyfree substitute like almond, soy, rice or coconut)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir in blueberries.
- Slowly add wet to dry until you get a nice non runny batter that's not lumpy. Heat griddle - non stick or cast iron to medium high heat.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls - I made em tiny cuz they are cute! Cook until edges are brown. Flip over and continue cooking until lightly browned on the other side.