I think you definitely need to know this. Our dinner prep routine ALWAYS revolves around a salad. I can’t remember the last time we made a meal without a salad as an accompaniment.
So here’s what happens in our home. Usually my husband or I will open the fridge and empty the vegetable and fruit compartment contents onto the counter.
Whatever looks edible will make it into the salad bowl. It’s usually part this and part that and there is a nut component on most nights as well. Before you decide what to put in your salad tonight, let me deconstruct ours.
1. A lettuce of some sort
2. A few vegetables
3. A few fruits
4. Some kind of nut
5. maybe a dried fruit
6. Might add a crumble cheese
7. A killer dressing
- Mixed greens
- 1 Mango, cubed
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 seedless orange, cut in chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 or 5 sliced strawberries
- handful of mini sweety drop peppers
- handful of sunflower seeds
- Eat Clean Honey Mustard Lime Dressing
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt- fat free
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- juice of one lime
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all salad ingredients in salad bowl.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender and give it a whirl. See? It's so EASY!