I save my bagel fix for the weekends. My husband buys a bunch every Saturday and asks me that same question every Friday night. “What kind of bagel do you want tomorrow”? My answer is “I don’t know, surprise me”. He’s fearful of that answer because when he does surprise me I look in the bag and say “why did you chose that flavour?… it’s yucky”.
My second choice would be cinnamon raisin but the bakery makes them only once in a while so it’s disappointing when I make my request and it fails to show up in the brown paper bag. Last weekend, my husband bought a dozen mini bagels just because they were cute and they fit the sesame criteria. I love him because he’s also cute and fits my criteria.
My theory is…..the smaller the food item….the bigger the intake is. SO, I sliced 3 mini bagels and schmeared them up with 3 different toppings.
I loved my mini bagel buffet….
- 4 cooked and seasoned chicken breasts, I usually have leftovers from dinner
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks, shred with two forks
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard and lemon juice. Stir in chicken, celery, onion, and parsley; season with salt and pepper.