Let’s get this out of the way right now. The reason I named this blog “Dorothy’s Pizza” is because the Wizard of Oz was one of my all-time favorite movies. I mean, those Oompa Loompas? I loved those guys.
Okay so there’s another reason – whenever I have song stuck in my head, (which is quite often lately) I always start singing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” to myself. AND the reason I sing it to myself is because apparently no one around here likes my singing. I really don’t understand why. When I hear myself sing I sound good. Yes, I know I’m weird (but wonderful). But honestly, it’s the only way I can get the repetitive song out of my head – try it – I swear it works.
Now onto this rainbow pizza. First of all, how stunning is this? Not only was it a cinch to make but it’s chock full of beautiful garden provisions that are GOOD FOR YOU. All these colors, textures, tastes were a perfect combo to top off a fresh piece of naan. This was a post workout meal for me and even though I must have burned off a ton of calories on the spin bike tonight – I still ate two of these pizza’s (that translates to about 10 pieces). Oh for godsakes they were the size of…..an Oompa Loompa. It’s fine.
- 5 - 6 pieces of naan bread
- pizza sauce - homemade or store bought is fine
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a tex mex mix)
- assorted colorful veggies - (I used a combo of lightly steamed red, yellow, orange and green peppers, plum tomatoes, broccoli, red onion & cooked/sliced purple sweet potatoes
- dry italian spices
- olive oil spray
- optional freshly grated grana padano cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F
- lay out your naan on a cookie sheet.
- Spread about 1 tbls of pizza sauce on each piece of naan
- top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese
- sprinkle with spices
- top with veggies in a rainbow pattern
- spray veggies with olive oil spray - I have extra virgin olive oil in a spray dispenser which is great
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until veggies are nicely softened
- garnish with freshly grated cheese and serve hot.