I’m going to let you guess where I am this week.
Here’s some hints:
1. It’s south of my border (remember I live in Toronto, Canada)… That’s actually two hints.
2. The airport that we fly into has one of the most notoriously long waits to taxi out for takeoffs.
3. Sarah Jessica Parker took the Jitney here with Aidan.
If you guessed right ….I’m in the Hamptons.
The best part of being here is spending time with my family. We cook ….we play…. we swim …we shop and best of all we laugh A LOT. Did I say WE cook? Well, my niece actually waits for this week. She counts the sleeps, talks about it for months and when it’s finally here and I walk through the door she gets anxious that I’m going to leave in 7 days.
This year she actually threatened the lock me in her basement and never let me go back home. I remember a Young and the Restless episode that had a similar storyline. Right?
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- ½ a finely chopped peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Mix and serve. Easy enough? I think so.
On my second full day out here, I’ve already served her breakfast consisting of creamy scrambled eggs and buttered white toast. Who eats white bread anymore? Apparently she does. For lunch, she received a ham, muenster cheese and red leaf lettuce sandwich with honey mustard, olive oil mayo and a side of chips ….oh…and a dill pickle. The sandwich was sliced into 4 equal triangles …..like you would do for a two year old.
Now you know why she wants to lock me in her basement? Ya.
For dinner tonight I’m serving up Cajun style fish tacos with a creamy cashew slaw, guacamole and this outta control strawberry salsa.
Saving the taco post for another day just to keep you in suspense.
One, two, three…..cha cha cha salsa.