Can we talk about hydrangeas for a second? Mine have started to grow nicely in my garden at home. They are hues of pink, pale mauve and I’ve got some new white ones this year. My niece, on the other hand has deep purple/blue ones in her backyard. They are magnificent. I’m not kidding here. Have a look for yourself.
Lunch around here is usually comprised of whatever is laying around in fridge. Some days I really needed to put my thinking cap on and I start by throwing things on the counter. Whatever lands there I use in my salad concoction. It usually works out for me, and very often it looks well thought out but really it’s not.
The salad of the day was comprised of a mix of red lettuce, smoked turkey, muenster cheese, avocado, cucumber, celery, shredded red cabbage, plums and crushed blue corn chips. I really needed to get my act together since we had a special guest for lunch (Ilana Wiles aka @mommyshorts)…. take note – the salad actually matches the tablescape….oh boy!
oooooo…and take a look at these cutsie plates and cutlery from Cheekyhome. They make awesome tableware that really throws a punch into a party. IN LOVE.
- Mixed greens or red lettuce
- 2 avocadoes, pitted and sliced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 black or red plums sliced
- 6 slices of smoked turkey, torn into bite size pieces
- 6 slices of muenster cheese, torn into bite size pieces
- Poppyseed Dressing - store bought is fine
- 2 cups crushed blue corn chips
- Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl
- Dress, toss and serve with crushed blue corn chips