Well, I’m homeward bound with loads of great memories from a week out in the Hamptons at littlemissparty’s place. Waaaaa! I miss her and her cute family already.
I’ve got lots to tell you, but first let’s talk about this amazing recipe ingredient challenge we dreamt up while planning our menus for the week.We asked our Instagram followers to give me 3 summer fresh ingredients to use in an original recipe and the winner received a Little Miss Party in a Box – summer edition. Eeeeeeeee!
I even shot some pics of the box and it’s contents and we threw together a video for the launch of the contest. I want you to know that we were so obsessed with this video it was played about a thousand times until we posted it. I know. We are not normal. Check this out →LMP PARTY IN A BOX
After watching it and hearing it play over and over and over again, I had the song in my head ALL NIGHT LONG and you know what that means? Yep. I had to start singing SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW to make it SSSTTTTOOOOPPPP!
Brittany from NYC congrats!! Hope you enjoy the Little Miss Party in a Box!
Now what goes really nicely with this threesome is ricotta, honey and pistachios. I mean….HELLO.
As with most of my recipes, I wanted to keep it simple so there wasn’t too much prep involved with this side dish.I lined up all the key ingredients and rolled up my sleeves. My hubby Steve was also visiting so he was in charge of the perfect “grill” marks on these beauties.
At first sight, these peaches looked like they were loaded with ice cream (which wouldn’t have been such a bad thing). The whipped ricotta and honey was the perfect accompaniment to the sweetness of the peaches coupled with the salt from the pistachios and the fresh aroma of mint. Sorry. I’m drooling right now.
- 3 - 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- Olive oil for brushing
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tbls honey
- 7 - 8 fresh figs
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ crushed pistachio nuts
- balsamic glaze - store bought is fine
- Coat peaches in olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and pepper
- Grill on bbq for about 10 minutes, just to give them a nice grill mark and soften them a bit.
- Preheat broiler in the oven.
- Place ricotta in a bowl and add honey. Whip with fork until light and fluffy. Place a dollop of ricotta in the centre of each peach. Place under broiler until lightly browned and puffy.
- Remove from oven, plate with figs and garnish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, pistachios and a sprig of fresh mint.