It seems that there is always a national something or other day celebrated on Instagram. Today it was ice cream and pretty soon it’s gonna be s’mores. Why not marry the two for a match made in heaven?
That’s basically what transpired in my kitchen today. I rummaged around to see if I had the key ingredients for s’mores and found what I was looking for.
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combo)
- 15 jumbo marshmallows, halved or mini's
- Graham cracker squares
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Magic Shell
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place an 8 inch skillet inside.
- Once oven is preheated, use a pot holder to remove hot skillet from the oven.
- Place the butter in the skillet and use an oven mitt to hold the handle and swirl the skillet so that the melted butter coats the bottom and sides.
- Place chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet.
- Arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference (watch closely!). Use an oven mitt to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with graham cracker squares or sticks
- Use caution when handling the skillet as it will be super HOT!
- Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzled with Magic Shell.YUUUUMMMMM
Oh. And when I opened my cupboard like old Mother Hubbard, I found that it wasn’t bare. In fact, a bottle of magic shell fell on my head when I reached for the package of marshmallows.
Magic shell needs ice cream and there was just enough left in a container in the freezer to turn this s’mores creation upside down and inside outside delish.
Check this out…..ya…..that’s what I’m talking about.
This literally took a few minutes to make and it’s great for a last minute dessert for guests who want to be WOWED.