This week I took my breakfast up a level and made this quick overnight oats with berries. It was probably one of the easiest things I have ever thrown together. With Nature’s Path Organic Qi’a Cereal as a base and the addition of Greek yogurt and honey, this was a winning start to my day.
I made one portion, which really should have served two but then again you know that this never works out for me. I like big bowls of cereal and I cannot lie.Try this for a nutritious and delicious breaky. It was really energizing and very filling. The only problem I have with oatmeal is ……..well………..let’s just say it inflates you and at one point or another you are going to DEFLATE – hopefully alone in the car or in a hallway at work. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup Natures Path Organic Qi'a buckwheat,chia,hemp cereal
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt, I used plain
- ¾-1 cup milk (regular,almond,coconut, soy)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave, honey or maple syrup
- Fresh fruit and/or berries for garnish when serving.
- Place all the ingredients in a glass jar such as mason jar or any other glass container with a tight lid.Stir to combine all the ingredients.Cover with lid and refrigerate overnight.When ready to serve, top with fruit and berries and more nuts or chia seeds if desired.If you like more liquid in your oats add more milk if it seems too thick.