I think by my rough calculations, I may have consumed about. 100,000 calories over the past two days. You see, first we eat like glutons and next week we repent for eating like glutons and are required to fast. Probably my least favorite day of the year because as you all know ….I LIKE TO EAT….. A LOT!With an abundance of leftovers from meals celebrated with family, I’m at a point where I’m kugeled and tzimmesed out so this was the ideal time for a avocado, watermelon salad dontcha think?
This is a pretty classic recipe that can be served at just about any meal and at any time of the year.And….I have a load of mint in the garden that is begging to be used so why not throw it in the mix?Light.
- 4 - 5 cups of watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small cubes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced - optional
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- Place watermelon, avocado, red onion slices, and mint in a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad. Gently stir everything to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, transfer to serving bowl, platter or dish and sprinkle crumbled feta or goat cheese on top.