Fear not. I still ensure that Halloween enters my life every year. My office gals and I love to participate in our annual Halloween fundraisers for the United Way. This year we are hosting a table and selling baked goods and silent auction items. Truth be told, I work with some amazing ladies and a few of them are Cannoli Queens. We kill it with those babies every year and raise a ton of money selling them. Come on…homemade cannoli? Who can resist?
How adorable is this? AND LOOK! I had another reason to use up those candy eyes that I ran around town looking for the other day. In fact, I went back to the store to clear them out just in case I didn’t have enough for the bark.
As far as I can SEE, these little treats are a hit. You can mix and match your toppings and melting chocolate colours and flavours. It’s super easy to make and LOOK …..when you break it apart your chocolate can look you straight in the eye while you are eating it.
Here’s looking at you kid.
- 4 cups of Melting Chocolates, any flavours (I used dark and milk for the base and orange for the marble effect)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Assorted Candy Toppings (I used Skor Bits, Smarties, Candy Corn and Sprinkles)
- Melt chocolate and oil in microwavable bowl in 30 second increments.
- If using a marble effect colored wafer, place in separate bowl with a drop of oil. Melt for 30 second increments in microwave and set aside.
- Keep stirring the bowls until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Spread onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Dot with marbling color if desired. Use a chopstick or toothpick to design the marbling effect.
- Top with candy and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from parchment and break into pieces. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.