Wanna know who made the best dressed list this year?
When you want to give your salad a little va va voom, this is the way you go. Fresh mango purée, a little hint of spice and some poppyseeds to jack up the flavour of this delicious dressing.
Butter Lettuce – Look at the colour of of this? I honestly didn’t even need to edit the pictures because it was so beautifully GREEN!
Raspberry Goat Cheese Balls – They are balls because I just grabbed the goat cheese and rolled little bits with my fingers. Not really genius but look how nice.
Red Grapefruit – I love using citrus in salads and the flavour went so well with the goat cheese.
Fresh Cranberries – Now. These were a bit tart but to be honest I didn’t care. They balanced off the sweet dressing and butter lettuce and I had to use them for something because they were sitting in my fridge from two previous shoots.
Dried blueberries – because I bought them at Costco and the bag was the size of a suitcase. What was I supposed to do with all those blueberries? Does anyone need some?
Blackberries – There were a few in the fridge and I know my husband bought them for some other reason, so I figured I would throw them in before they needed to be thrown out.
Radishes – I can’t remember when I bought these. Oh wait. Nope. Hang on. Last month? Do they last that long? I love my crisper, it keeps things so fresh. I wish I could live in a crisper. Would I last longer? Should I try that?
Yellow Peppers – I mean, they’re yellow so that’s enough reason to put them in with the rest of these ingredients, right?
Walnut Halves – These are seriously good for you. I put nuts in almost everything. Probably because I’m similar to a nut. Or I am a nut or whatever.
And then I got physalis again but don’t worry, it didn’t last long…I put it in all my salads this week.
And who are you wearing?
Spicy Mango Poppyseed Dressing by Simply Beautiful Eating dahling.
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice or not from concentrate juice is fine too.
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or agave
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine mango, lime juice, orange juice, honey, turmeric, garlic and salt in a blender container. Puree on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a medium size jar.
- Add oil to the mixture in the jar in a slow, steady stream while stirring continuously with a fork or small whisk. This method ensures that the dressing doesn't get murky but if you're in a hurry you can absolutely just throw the whole shebang into the blender.
- Add cayenne, poppyseeds and black pepper. Taste and add a bit more salt, if needed.
- Stores in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Just give it a good shake before using.