B: I don’t usually drizzle cream cheese over my French Toast
Look at this….
Don’t say I didn’t warn you. This is mighty good.
Mighty mighty good indeedie.
Dark Rye French Toast with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
Author: simply beautiful eating
- 4 slices of Pumpernickel bread (dark rye)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Drizzle
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Optional Garnish - fresh pomegranate & candied pecans
- In a large frying pan, place the butter in and heat to medium high.
- In a shallow dish, whisk egg with salt and vanilla extract.
- Dip your slices of bread into egg, coating both sides.
- Place bread into pan and fry until both sides are crispy. Watch that it doesn't burn because the bread is already brown so it's hard to see!
- Remove from pan and keep warm while you make your drizzle.
- Blend cream cheese with maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl. Now place the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the cream cheese is runny. Drizzle over warm French Toast and garnish with pomegranate and candied pecans. Serve warm. OMG...this is so yum I want to make it again tomorrow. I think I might just do that.