I’m not gonna lie. I try a ton of stuff to help me look and feel good. Well? Why not? As our bodies age, so does our skin and if you can add in some magic to your drinks and meals to help you look younger YOU GOTTA DO IT.
Collagen is an important building block for the skin. It ensures the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin. Maintaining the amount of collagen is the key to beautiful skin. Um….who doesn’t want nice skin? I DO!
This is one of those products that I truly love. I’ve been adding Vital Proteins Collagen into my drinks and smoothies for the past 2 years. Not joking here. I think the addition of the collagen in my foods has helped me tremendously. Most recently, I suffered an injury to my knee and was out of commission for almost 9 months! Not only did the collagen aid in the management of the cartilage tear it also improved my skin texture, moisture levels and suppleness. YEP, I’ll take it thanks.
To be honest, I opened my fridge, looked inside and threw everything into the recipe. Thus, the tutti frutti baked oatmeal cutie. This yummy dish is satisfying, excellent for you and best of all an easy meal or snack to kick off your day.
Quite delish if do say so myself. Oh, and with the added benefit of Vital Proteins collagen powder in this recipe, it kicks up boring oatmeal to another level plus it’s jam packed with goodness.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 scoop vital proteins collagen whey powder (I used vanilla and coconut water flavour)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups milk (I used coconut but you can sub in almond, rice, soy or hemp)
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed fruit and berries (I used sliced fresh apricots, nectarines, blueberries, cherries & strawberries)
- ¼ cup sliced raw unsalted almonds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish (I spray mine with avocado or coconut oil)
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the milk, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Stir well. Stir in the sliced fruit and berries.
- Pour the mixture into your casserole dish. Top with sliced almonds. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Stores well in fridge for up to a week. I take mine out and reheat it, then add a dollop of yogurt on top. DELISH!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Vital Proteins but all thoughts and opinions are my own.