(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Truffle Aioli Whipped Dressing as an accompaniment to these beautiful Black Sesame & Herb Cheese Crisps)
Boy, time really flies by, especially when you have food products show up at your door to play with on a monthly basis. Believe it or not, we’re already in month #3 of the PCBlackLabel #PlayWithYourFood campaign! It seems like yesterday that I received my very first black box. Well guess what? Each time it arrives, I’m always excited to reveal what’s inside!
Let’s get to the good stuff here. I’m going to show you two of their latest products and tell you about the contents of my current PCBlackLabel Box.
Check these out:
First we have the PC Black Label Bacon Marmalade Spread.
This jar didn’t last long unopened with my husband around. You see, Steve has a bit of an obsession with anything that has to do with “Elvis Inspired Food”. Not sure if you know this but bacon, peanut butter, banana and jelly are the signature ingredients to the Presley sandwich. Steve promptly swiped this jar of yumminess right out of my hand and spread it on a piece of toast with peanut butter and other strange things like crumbled roquefort cheese, some kind of nuts and I have no idea what else. All I know is that this decadent marmalade was his kind of sweet and salty schmear.
Next, we have the PC Black Label Truffle Aioli Whipped Dressing. I mean really? Even the name of this sounds like something I would like to wear to a black tie gala.
So which one did I decide to use in my latest recipe? Tough choice. The temptation to use both was my greatest hurdle when creating the content for this post.
Once I decided to to use the Truffle Aioli, there was no doubt that this was the perfect dip for my main ingredients. Our garden provisions were so abundant this year, there’s a wonderful assortment of fragrant herbs right in our backyard. Perfect right?
I chopped them up super fine and sprinkled them on these little cheddar rounds that I made with a cookie cutter. Cutest. Things. Ever.
Once they were baked (and my house smelled like cheese heaven), serving them alongside the aioli was a no brainer.
Such a delicious accompaniment to so many recipes. This is one fabulous way to upgrade any snack or main course meal. Just look at these! I bet you will not be able to have just ONE.
- 10- 12 medium cheddar cheese slices
- 3 - 4 fresh chives
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Jar PC Black Label Truffle Aioli Whipped Dressing - for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet parchment paper.
- Using a 3 inch round crimped cookie cutter (or any round cutter will do), cut circles out of each cheese slice and place them about 1 -2 inches apart on the lined baking is sheet.
- Finely chop all the fresh herbs, mix them together and sprinkle over each cheese circle.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, pepper and black sesame seeds on each cheese circle.
- Lastly, sprinkle parmesan cheese over each circle.
- Bake for 5 -7 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't get too brown. Turn the oven heat OFF and leave the crisps in for another 8 or 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lift parchment paper and place on cooling racks.
- Blot the top of each crisp with a paper towel to remove some of the excess grease (this will avoid them getting too soggy). Serve alongside the PC Black Label Truffle Aioli Dip and enjoy!
*disclaimer – This post was sponsored by PCBlackLabel @Preschoice but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen!