I believe in quick meals. I think that’s old news. Here’s one of my favorite sauces ever.It’s pink.It’s delish. I love it.Now it’s time to make it in your home.
I used some store bought vegetable ravioli and topped it with this light rose sauce.
The Only Rose Sauce
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls unsalted butter
- 1 whole medium size onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 Oz. Size) tomato Sauce or your favorite marinara sauce (I like Classico or Ragu)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 1 cup full fat milk or cream - the cream will give it a more robust texture
- ¼ cup grated grana paderno cheese, parmesan or romano
- 6 to 7 leaves of fresh basil, chiffonade - this is a fancy term for slicing the leaves thinly
- 1 package of store bought fresh pasta, I used vegetable ravioli
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- Set aside while you go back to your sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk or cream.
- Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings.
- Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve hot.
- Thin with pasta water before adding extra seasonings, cheese or basil if needed
Could this be any better? NO.
Absolutely! If using salted butter, just omit salt in the recipe and adjust the taste afterwards.
I like your creative substitutions! So happy you enjoyed the recipe!
So creamy and easy to make! I usually don’t like tomato based sauces but I love rose sauce.
I made some substitutions to fit what I had in the pantry:
-I added mushrooms
-Instead of cream, I used evaporated milk
-Instead of ravioli, I used 35 oz of gnocchi and boiled it directly in the sauce
-I added about 12 oz of vegetable stock (so the starch from the gnocchi didn’t make it too thick)
-Instead of basil, I used parsley
Will be making this again!
Can you use salted butter?
Absolutely amazing ! So happy you enjoyed the recipe! Xo
This was absolutely the best sauce I ever made and I am a good cook I added cooked chunks of lobster tail meat and penne pasta. Thanks for sharing
Awwww!!! That’s so great. Happy you enjoyed it. Xo
I made this with a homemade marinara sauce and ate it on homemade noodles and it was delicious, great rosé sauce recipe!! Thanks!
I often visit your website and have noticed that you don’t update it often. More frequent updates will give
your page higher rank & authority in google.
I know that writing articles takes a lot of time,
but you can always help yourself with miftolo’s tools which
will shorten the time of creating an article to a
Oooooo! I hope it turns out great! Xo
Making this tonight! Can’t wait! Looks delish 🙂