I used some store bought vegetable ravioli and topped it with this light rose sauce.
The Only Rose Sauce
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls unsalted butter
- 1 whole medium size onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 Oz. Size) tomato Sauce or your favorite marinara sauce (I like Classico or Ragu)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 1 cup full fat milk or cream - the cream will give it a more robust texture
- ¼ cup grated grana paderno cheese, parmesan or romano
- 6 to 7 leaves of fresh basil, chiffonade - this is a fancy term for slicing the leaves thinly
- 1 package of store bought fresh pasta, I used vegetable ravioli
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- Set aside while you go back to your sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk or cream.
- Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings.
- Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve hot.
- Thin with pasta water before adding extra seasonings, cheese or basil if needed
Could this be any better? NO.