How about attending a black tie affair without having to get dressed up and do your hair and nails? It can be done. Right in your own home. Trust me….it may look fancy shmancy but YOU CAN DO THIS.
While shopping for my cod liver oil at the healthfood store I found this out of control stunning pasta. Yes….I’m old and I need a little extra grease in my engine. I’m a sucker for bows and pretty colors so this pasta was going to be the main attraction at dinner.
As far as pasta sauce’s go, this is one of my favorites. A bit of Stilton cheese (my husband’s fave) and some light extra virgin olive oil blended with fresh basil with a good few turns of organic peppercorns.Easy, pretty and yummy.
Just to let you know, you can use ANY shape or color pasta. I just happen to come across this package and they were nothing short of spectacular.
Black Tie OR not, this looks like a party on a plate. Enjoy!
- 2 cups dry pasta
- ¼ cup sweet peas, frozen
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Dried Basil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Simply Organic Mixed Peppercorns
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh Stilton cheese,crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare pasta according to package directions and add frozen peas halfway through the cooking process.
- In a blender, mix remaining ingredients.
- When the pasta and peas are ready, reserve ¼ cup of pasta water. Drain well.
- Return to pot and toss with sauce adding a little pasta water as needed to thicken the sauce a bit.
- Heat thoroughly and serve with additional Stilton cheese and freshly ground pepper.