Happy January friends! Super Bowl LII is days away and Game Day party planning is underway.
Grab your friends and get together to watch the BIG GAME because I’ve got you covered with five “game day” drool worthy recipes that I created with a little help from my friends at Tostitos Canada!
Are you ready for some football? I AM!!
While I don’t know much about football, I can say is this…. I know more than a thing or two about creating drool worthy snacks to serve. Each one of these Super Bowl LII easy recipes will score a TOUCHDOWN with your guests.
I’ve also learned to love the different aspects of the game.
Here’s what I’m looking forward to while watching Super Bowl LII.
- Getting together with family and friends.
- The half time show.
- And last but not least… THE FOOD – Whether you are a last minute football party fan or a “make ahead” planner, getting together to watch this year’s Super Bowl LII is all about the FOOD.
Trust me, once the smell of bubbly, hot cheese is in the air, these appetizers won’t last long. This year, while hosting my very own Game Day party, I wanted to create different types of recipes to ensure every guest is left satisfied – no matter what the score. Tostitos has so many delicious chips, salsa and dips the recipe options are endless and there is sure to be something for everyone at my Super Bowl LII party!
Do you want in on a little secret? These five recipes were so quick and easy, I didn’t have to spend endless hours preparing them to serve my hungry guests. AND, I also had a chance to be part of the action by not being stuck in the kitchen.
Looking for a little Super Bowl LII food inspiration? Head over to Tostitos.ca to check out their recipes.
And don’t be afraid to mix a little sweet and savoury into what you can create.
Ok, so you might not be able to get Tom Brady to the party, but you can certainly rack up lots of points with your “football fan” guests and these goal-scoring recipes.
HUT HUT, these appetizers and dessert just made the cut.
- 2 cups (400g) shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar Tikka Masala Sauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 jar (250ml) tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven 425F.
- Combine shredded chicken and tikka masala sauce in a saucepan and heat until bubbly and hot.
- On an oven safe 9" x 13" casserole dish lined with parchment paper, layer half of chips with half of chicken mixture, then half of the cheese. Repeat layering with remaining chips, chicken, and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Serve nachos drizzled with tamarind chutney, yogurt and top with mint leaves.
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 8 oz can (250g) refried beans
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup canned corn, drained
- ½ cup of sliced black olives, divided
- ½ cup Tostitos Salsa Con Queso
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Simply Tostitos Organic Yellow Corn Chips
- Garnishes - chopped flat leaf parsley or cilantro, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado & black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk cream cheese and Greek yogurt in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add refried beans, black beans, corn, ¼ cup of the black olives, Tostitos Salsa Con Queso and ½ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into an 8" x 8" baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Garnish and serve with Simply Tostitos Organic Yellow Corn Chips.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup Tostitos Mango Salsa
- Simply Tostitos Blue Corn Chips
- Garnish - chopped fresh mango and lime wedges
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pits and scoop out the flesh.
- Place the avocado flesh in a medium bowl. Add the lime juice and Tostitos Mango Salsa.
- Mash avocado mixture until combined.
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with fresh mango and lime. Serve with Simply Tostitos Blue Corn Chips.
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup of shredded jalapeño Monterrey Jack cheese
- taco seasoning mix - ½ of a 1 oz. (28g) package
- ¾ cup finely chopped cooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup coarsely crushed Tostitos Rolls
- Tostitos® Rolls™ for garnish
- Place the softened cream cheese into a medium bowl and smooth with a spatula.
- Add the shredded cheese and ½ the seasoning packet and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, parsley and crushed Tostitos Rolls
- Use a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon size) to form a ball out of the cheese mixture, then roll it in the bacon mixture. Set aside.
- Repeat until all of the cheese balls are made.
- Place a Tostitos Rolls in the middle of each cheese ball and serve.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 bag Simply Tostitos Organic Scoops
- Optional garnishes - crushed toffee bits and shaved dark chocolate
- Pour heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment.
- Pour in sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the chocolate hazelnut spread into the bowl. Gently fold it in, using a rubber spatula until all of the whipped cream is light brown and loses its streaks.
- Pipe into Simply Tostitos Organic Scoops
- Garnish with crushed toffee bits and shaved chocolate.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
*disclaimer – This post was sponsored by Tostitos Canada but all thoughts and opinions are my own . Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen! #spon #RecipeForaGoodTime #SuperBowlLII #SBLII