Hello, and welcome to another one of my fabulous #PCBlackLabel #PlayWithYourFood creations.
Each month, I anxiously await the arrival of my PC Black Label Black Box. I’ve been so lucky lately, because every single PC Black Label product is 100% “next level”. This month definitely was no different. I received three amazing products, which are going to be part of my future recipe repertoire, but alas, I could only choose one to include in my monthly signature recipe to share with ALL OF YOU.
Ugh, this was a tough one. There were endless possibilities with these three choices.
First up, this PC Black Label Peppermint Extract. Um, does this scream “holiday season” or what? When I opened this bottle, I could actually feel an icy breeze wafting through the kitchen.
Next, this tantalizing jar of PC Black Label Apricot Riesling Jelly. I just wanted to schmear it on everything from chicken thighs to a nice crunchy crostini. Or better yet, just place it in a bowl and use it as an accompaniment to my holiday charcuterie platter.
Last but not least, this PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean. Now we’re talking. I think they had me at Madagascar…..or maybe it was the bourbon? Nonetheless, this was my top pick to add as a flavour booster for these scrumptious triple chocolate chunk cookies!
These are now going to be one of my favourite cookies on the planet. Chock full of three kinds of chocolate with that hint of bourbon vanilla. Oh my gosh. HEAVEN in every bite.
Oh, a little trick I learned while making these. If you want to end up with a crispy and chewy flat cookie (like the ones pictured here), don’t refrigerate your dough. If you love a cookie that will be nice and thick, pop that dough in the refrigerator for at least a few hours or overnight. One recipe – two types of cookies.
Now, I’m not gonna lie. I made these cookies as a test. Guess what? They passed with flying colours and the best part is I hid the extras so I could dip into the cookie jar any time I please. Don’t tell anyone, okay?
Now, in other news, you are going to love what I have to tell you. I know how excited you get (and I get) with giveaways, so here we go again!
I’m always pumped to experiment and discover new tastes and flavours through my own #PlayWithYourFood journey, no matter what the outcome. So much so, that I want to encourage all of you to #PlayWithYourFood and JOIN IN!
Start your own culinary adventure and enter on today’s Instagram post on my feed for the chance to win……
DECEMBER PC BLACK LABEL BLACK BOX WITH SOME AMAZING SURPRISE PRODUCTS INSIDE!
You will also be receiving a $50 President’s Choice Gift Card. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
So, here’s what you need to do.
- COMMENT ON MY LATEST RECIPE ON MY INSTAGRAM FEED
- TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD CREATE AND MENTION YOUR PC BLACK LABEL PRODUCT CHOICE
- HASHTAG #PCBlackLabel & #PlayWithYourFood to enter.
That’s it! Could that be any easier? I don’t think so.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter (melt butter in small saucepan until lightly browned and cool before adding to recipe)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (scrape about ½ the pod)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup milk chocolate chunks
- ½ cup white chocolate chunks
- Optional - Sea Salt Flakes to sprinkle on top of cookie after baking
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cocoa, salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric or stand mixer blend the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar about two to three minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs until mixture is light and creamy.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, along with all three flavours of chocolate chunks and grated until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Cover mixture in a bowl with plastic wrap or lid and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- NOTE: If you are totally impatient, like I am, you can pop the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes, and bake. The cookie will be a bit flatter but just as delish.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325F.
- Drop cookie dough in large scoopfuls (approximately ¼ cup - I use an ice cream scoop), onto a non-stick cookie sheet or cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or lined with a silicone mat, leaving at least 3" between cookies. Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes, or until edges are just lightly starting to brown. Centers will still seem somewhat underdone. Let cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes, as the cookies will finish baking from heat on baking sheet.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
- Makes approximately 18 extra large cookies.
**disclaimer – This post was sponsored by PC Black Label @Preschoice but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen! #sponsored #PCBlackLabel #PlayWithYourFood