(This post was co-sponsored by Nobilo Wines and MSC (The Marine Stewardship Council) and monetary compensation was received. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen!)
I’m so excited to bring you this recipe today in collaboration with Nobilo Wines and MSC (The Marine Stewardship Council). The partnership between Nobilo Wines and MSC is a unity of two brands that truly compliment each other. By pairing these two brands together, by land and sea, it’s guaranteed that you’re making healthy choices for your family, friends and the planet.
A few thoughts before we get to this delish looking dish.
Did you know that fish is the main source of animal protein for billions of people?
Did you also know that 1/2 billion people rely on seafood for their income?
Seafood is the worlds most traded food commodity – 10 times more than coffee!
The Marine Stewardship Council – MSC is a global non-profit organization created to address and reverse the problem of unsustainable fishing. When you see the blue MSC label on your product, it applies to wild catch fisheries, never farmed fish or seafood.
Fish are one of the last remaining foods that are caught or hunted wild. MSC certified sustainable seafood can be found at hundreds of supermarkets. Just look for the blue MSC label with the checkmark on all your favourite seafood products.
Nobilo wines, originates from New Zealand. As a white wine drinker, I’m partial to the classic, fresh, crisp, citrus and tropical flavours of Nobilo Wines Sauvignon Blanc which can be found at retailers across Canada such as Loblaws, Sobeys and the LCBO.
I couldn’t think of a better match, especially when it comes to this dish I prepared using fresh seafood, white wine and a simply beautiful twist on a classic pasta recipe you are going to LOVE.
This is one partnership that speaks to my heart. Celebrate life’s simple pleasures, sustainably. Buon Appetito !
- 1 500g box bucatini pasta
- 250g MSC certified mini sea scallops, rinsed well and pat dry with paper towels
- 250g MSC certified small cooked shrimp
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup tomberry tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a generous pinch of salt. Add bucatini pasta and cook until al dente as per the package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large non stick skillet with one tablespoon of olive oil. Add tomatoes and saute until they burst, about 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Reheat the skillet and add another 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pan-sear the scallops on high heat until both surface turn brown. Remove the scallops from the skillet. Set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and saute the garlic and crushed red pepper, about 10 seconds. Add the white wine, whipping cream, lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer the pasta, scallops, cooked shrimp into the skillet, stir to mix well with the sauce adding the reserved pasta water to thin it out if it the sauce thickens too much. Add the chopped parsley and top with additional fresh parmesan cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!