What do you get when you cross a Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread with a cinnamon roll recipe? Well, you are looking at it and let me tell you something……..it is DIVINE with a capital D.I took my “go to” no yeast or rise easy shmeasy cinnamon roll recipe and amped it up with this yummy new chocolately peanut butter flavoured spread. Yep. Hershey’s took the “ahhhhh moment” and put it in a jar.Now I need to share a little secret with you.When I bake I tend to “taste test” ….. a lot. If there is anything that sticks to a knife or spoon I eat it. No wastefulness in my home.
Okay, here goes.
This Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate spread ended up in places that I would normally clean with a sponge. It was so good I actually ate it off the counter. Really? Yes….really.And then….after you finish licking your fingers….this magical baked creation appears before your eyes. OH YA.My husband, who graciously assisted in the shoot today INSISTED on trying one of these before I was finished taking the photos. BECAUSE HE COULDN’T WAIT.
I think you are going to love this recipe so much, especially with the cooler weather (ugh) coming around the corner. I call it my cozy comfy treat. It’s warm, gooey, yummy and so decadent you will be touted the new ROLL model in your family once you unleash these babies out of the oven.And forget household air fresheners. Once you start baking these your house will smell like HEAVEN ON EARTH.
Trust me when I say you need this spread in your life and of course this recipe.This is definitely the way to roll.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbls sugar
- 1½ tbls baking powder
- ¼ cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup cold milk
- ⅔ cup Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- For the Glaze and topping
- 1½ cups icing sugar (confectioners)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbls melted salted butter
- 2 - 3 tbls milk or cream
- 3 tbls melted Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- ¼ cup honey roasted peanuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Take 2 cups of flour and place into a mixing bowl, add in the baking powder and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients together with a whisk. Use a pastry blender ( or two knives criss-crossing each other) and cut the butter in, until you get crumbly little bits throughout the mixture.
- Make a well, and pour the milk into it.
- Mix it until it forms a soft ball, then take the dough out and put it onto a floured surface.
- Take your rolling pin, and roll it until its about 12 inches long, 6 inches wide and ⅓ inch thick.
- Now spread ⅔ cup of your spread over dough leaving a ¼ inch space around the edge.
- Roll it up (jelly roll style)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Slice 2 inch wide rolls - you should end up with 8 rolls. I had 7 large ones. Maybe I didn't use my ruler properly but that's besides the point.
- Place rolls into a greased baking dish and place in preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Let cool for 20 minutes while making your glaze.
- For the glaze mix all ingredients except the melted chocolate spread and peanuts together in a bowl.
- Place the vanilla glaze in a zip bag. Place the melted chocolate spread in another zip bag. Drizzle alternating the glaze with the melted chocolate spread and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Hershey’s Canada, and I have been compensated for my time and provided with product for recipe testing purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply