To check out the full story click here: YAHOO
When I arrived home this afternoon, I said WAIT. I have wonton wrappers in my fridge (that were leftover from an attempt to make soup wontons otherwise known as Jewish kreplach). And by the way, I often talk to myself out loud. Which isn’t really crazy right?
Perfect for a red carpet appetizer or anytime. In fact, if you happen to have guests coming over for an Oscar party, these little wontonnies are what you need to serve. There’s really nothing cuter than having your food nestled inside a little vessel. I mean….
I will be in my comfy pajamas with a side of these thanks very much.
- 16 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 cup Zero Fat Yogourt (I used Astro Original Balkan Style 0%)
- 1 300g container of extra smooth ricotta cheese, I used light
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons organic honey
- Black Honey
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Garnishes: berries and greens
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 24 mini muffin tin with olive oil. Place in 16 wonton wrappers and poke them down with your finger, leaving a well. Spray olive oil over wrappers (this will really crisp them up)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Meanwhile, prepare your filling.
- In a stand mixer, with the whipping attachment, place in the Yogourt,ricotta, cayenne, salt and honey. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy. About 2 - 3 minutes. Prepare a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Transfer ricotta mixture into piping bag and set aside.
- Remove wontons from oven and let cool slightly. This doesn't take long and you can most definitely serve them warm as well. Pipe ricotta into the wontons. Garnish with a berry of your choice (I used blackberries) and a little sprig of something green. I found mache rosette organic greens which were super pretty.
- Serve with a black honey - mix the balsamic vinegar and honey together and serve as a dipping sauce.