As you may have guessed by now, we have had a pretty bountiful veggie crop this year. Tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers and an array of fresh herbs were popping up on a daily basis.
I’m not the gardener in the family. In fact, I need to stay away from anything that requires water and nourishment. It’s a miracle my three children survived in my care.
My husband Steve sports the green thumb BUT I like to eat all the provisions that he reaps from his efforts.
When he collected the balance of the tomatoes today, specifically these cute cherry t’s, I was itching to make something fun for brunch with them. I also had some magnificent prune plums that I had bought at the market which were slated for a skillet cake….and has yet to happen.
I roasted the tomatoes along with a few of the plums and pulled together this awesome dish for a Sunday morning treat.
Buttery grilled croissants with a hint of garlic and smashed carmelized tomatoes mixed with sultry roasted plums. Um….yes please.
This folks is the way to live.
- 4 croissants, split
- 3 tbls melted garlic butter, you can make your own by melting the butter and added fresh or powdered garlic
- 1 tbls fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 4 prune plums, sliced in half
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional butter for grilling.
- Brush croissants with the melted butter and top with parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread tomatoes and plums in a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until nicely carmelized.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbls of butter, medium to medium high heat.
- Add croissants and pan fry until golden brown - about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and top with carmelized tomatoes and plums. Serve warm
Leave a Reply