Did I tell you that I got a Vitamix as a holiday gift from thefeedfeed and Vitamix? Well. Yessiree I did and I’m very thankful to both of them for sending this my way. The only way I can describe this piece of machinery is…..
- the best smoothies EVER
- HOT soup….yes HOT
- frozen desserts – I can’t even
- milk from nuts and other things
- nut butters
- ground flour
- dips and spreads
And to top it all off…….it cleans itself….yes there’s a cleaning program button too.
What more do you need? I wish it would also do my laundry but I won’t push my luck.
This past weekend, I thought it might be a good idea for me to finally take this baby for a whirl. I had all the necessary ingredients to make a berry frozen yogurt (two is all you need….can you believe that?)
Oh and I wanted to dress it up with mint. Mint is one thing that grows in our garden. I think I may have mentioned that in the past. The thing about mint is this…..when it grows…….IT GROWS. It actually takes over. Like a viral plant. I have seen cases where mint can grow from one backyard to the neighbours. It’s insane. Well, up until a few weeks ago I picked my last sprig of parsley from the garden.
Believe it or not, there was still some hearty mint out there. Last week it snowed – A LOT. I wasn’t sure if the mint had endured the frost and amount of snow that came down but I needed to check it out. This was it folks. Buried beneath a heap of snow, I struck gold, or mint in this case. I think I have finally come to the conclusion that our garden is closed for the season.
Here’s what I ended up with. A bowl of heavenly deliciousness. This was the easiest thing ever to make and you can serve it straight from your Vitamix OR do what I did…….freeze it a bit longer so that you have a nice solid scoop to work with.
I love you Mrs. Vitamix.
- 1½ cups (360 g) yogurt (for Vegan you can use coconut yogurt)
- 1½ lbs (680 g) frozen berries (I used blackberries & blueberries)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix in order listed.
- Select the Frozen Dessert program.
- Start machine & blend for 55 seconds.
- I needed to use the tamper to get all the frozen berries to blend.
- Serve immediately or place in freezer to firm up a bit more.