That’s what I’m hearing from my work colleagues lately on Monday mornings when I stroll in with yet another baked good from my kitchen.
I used to train these girls at lunch time downstairs with a high intensity cardio butt kicker class. Now that they put a daycare centre down in our old exercise room, those days are OVER. Instead of training them to sweat I’m tempting them with sweets. Bad Bad Bad.
Now there’s something that’s called willpower right? Unfortunately, it’s tough to control when you have one of these beauties staring at you in the face – strategically placed in the kitchen – next to the coffee maker.
AND these bars can talk. Wait. What? Yes, they talk to you when you are within 20 feet of them. They coerce you into the kitchen to take a small bite and once they’ve roped you in you end up finishing the whole dam bar.
These are just POW POW BANG BANG delicious. I almost finished the whole pan but stopped myself when I got a message on Instagram from one of my work colleagues who said “are we going to see those tomorrow ….I SURE HOPE SO”!!!
- For the Oatmeal Crust
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For the Topping
- For Cranberry Nut Topping:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 package of vanilla sugar (I used Dr. Oetker) *If you can't find vanilla sugar just use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup coconut sea salt chips (I used JaxCoco)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease or spray a 9x13-inch baking pan. I used a piece of parchment paper and greased it so that I could lift it out easily from the pan.
- For the Crust:
- Prepare crust by whisking together flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter and lemon juice until combined. Evenly press mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- For the Topping:
- Combine sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, flour and brown sugar. Spread mixture over crust. Spread the fresh cranberries evenly over mixture, lightly pressing into mixture, followed by chopped nuts and coconut chips
- Bake at 325-degrees F for 45-50 minutes, until light brown. Let cool completely in pan before slicing.