I’m going to start off by saying that this post was supposed to go LIVE months ago and I have no idea what happened here. All I know is this…..it’s never too late to talk about treats and kid friendly snacks, especially when you have a famous great-nephew who can whip up almost anything in the kitchen in a snap.
Enter Chef Luke. I call him Lukie Pookie Shmookie but then again, I’m allowed to because I’m his Auntie Doobils.
Luke is 5 years old and is the youngest son of my niece Seri (A.K.A. Little Miss Party). I’m sure you have seen her around in my insta stories etc. They live in NYC and come to visit here quite often which is great.
This past year, Seri and I decided to collaborate on a shoot featuring an easy, kid-friendly snack that Chef Luke could tackle all by himself. Well, here you have it. Simple Apple Pops dipped in a variety of toppings.
Let me just tell you something. THIS WAS SUPER FUN.
We started off by slicing the apples and piercing them with lollipop sticks. Then we melted chocolate (both white and semi-sweet) to dip our apples slices into. On separate plates, we laid out all the other toppings which included, sprinkles, coconut, peanuts, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and a variety of chocolate candies.
Then the fun began. We decided on an assembly line tactic and had all our guests line up, grab a apple pop and dippity do away!
LOVED each and every minute of this and to top it all off, armed with a very gigantic spoon, we even filmed a short video of the whole process. ENJOY!!
- 6 - 8 apples, sliced into good size pieces
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 2 cups each white and semi sweet chocolate melts
- 1 package caramel, cooked as per package directions
- shredded coconut
- chocolate candies
- crushed peanuts
- pumpkin seeds
- dried cranberries
- Take your sliced apples and skewer them on a lollipop stick.
- Melt chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave with a few drops of oil in each bowl. Keep stirring on 30 second intervals until the chocolate is nice and smooth.
- Prepare caramel as per package directions and set aside.
- Place toppings in separate dishes. Dip apples into either chocolate or caramel and then into toppings. Serve.