Well, I’m a little sad that summer is over, but super pumped for comforting fall recipes!
I’m also excited to be back with another wave of recipes for PC Black Label. I just received my PC Black Label Box which was chock full of goodies to choose from and I’m going to share what I received with you.
To be very honest, I couldn’t decide what product to use because they were all S T E L L A R.
I loved the exotic looking PC Black Label Nero Di Seppia Cuttlefish Ink Conchiglie pasta and I know it will be amazing in a main dish that I’m definitely going to try really soon.
Couldn’t go wrong with the PC Black Label Smoked Paprika either. This is one spice that I will use over and over again on meat, fish or chicken. In fact, I added a little pinch in this recipe.
But, my top pick for this recipe was the PC Black Label White Truffle Oil. I love using different oils in cooking and this one was so perfect for this fall inspired recipe.
I incorporated grapes, apples and pears to give a sweet but cozy flavour and accompaniment to the seared and roasted chicken thighs.
Trust me, you are going to LOVE the way the flavours meld together infused with this heavenly truffle oil. Um….hello.
There is always something special about using PC Black Label products in recipe development. Always a fun challenge to #PlayWithYourFood and create a memorable dish you, your family and guests will remember.
The highlight of this particular recipe was how beautiful it looked not to mention that fact that the skin on the chicken was perfectly crisped with the addition of the truffle oil. Who else loves that irresistible crunch on the chicken? I for one can’t say no.
I also loved the way the fruit roasted and caramelized nestled up against the chicken. Pardon me, but just looking at these photo’s is making me reallllly hungry.
Can’t wait to share the next two recipe creations with you but in the meantime, try this one, you’re going to enjoy it. Bon appetite!
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon PC Black Label Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 chicken thighs with skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon PC Black Label Truffle Oil
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 6 - 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- Additional PC Black Label Truffle Oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, smoked paprika, thyme and black pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive and truffle oil over medium high heat. Add each piece of chicken skin-side down and fry for a few minutes until golden brown; flip and cook for a few more minutes. Transfer to a plate. The chicken will be beautifully browned but not cooked. Don't worry, you're going to finish it in the oven.
- Turn the heat down and let the oil cool off a little bit. Add the white wine, then the chicken broth and simmer until the mixture is thickened slightly. Add the grapes, sliced apple, pear and chicken (skin side up) fresh thyme sprigs and bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until the fruit is soft. Remove from oven and drizzle chicken with a few drops of truffle oil. Serve hot.
*This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label White Truffle Oil in this yummy fall inspired chicken recipe. All thoughts and opinion are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen!
Leave a Reply