I’m going to get right to the point here. Cauliflower crusts have been all the rage on social media lately, mostly because they are super healthy, low cal, gluten free and totally delicious. It’s fairly easy to make your own cauliflower crust and most supermarkets have ready made packages of riced cauliflower so you don’t have to spend any time at all prepping it.
This is even easier. I tried a wonderful “ready to bake” crust made by Caulipower and this is how my recipe today turned out. Pretty nice eh?
You know I’m a huge sucker for blueberries, so naturally they made their way onto my pizza. I mean, man oh man, this was such a flavourful combo. Three of my favourite cheeses, some fresh blueberries, mixed greens all atop a guilt-free crust. I don’t think you can ask for anything more.
Now, obviously this isn’t going to taste like your standard pizza crust. But fear not, if you’re really trying to eat lighter, or you can’t have wheat and carbs for whatever reason, this is a pretty awesome alternative to bust out when you’re craving a pizza and still be able to fit into your skinny jeans. It’s definitely a different texture and flavor than actual crust so let your mind explore the possibilities before you say NO. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
This crust can be topped with a myriad of wonderful things. Use your imagination here, go wild.
The secret that really makes it taste even more amazing is a little drizzle of oil and I used avocado to bring this pizza to the next level.
Okay, let me tell you why this should be your next favourite pizza crust. Ready?
- Since it’s made with cauliflower you’re getting much needed veggies in your diet.
- Even if you’re not a big cauliflower fan, you will be after trying this pizza crust.
- A cauliflower crust is is much lower in carbs than your standard pizza crust so you can eat more pieces. Um. That’s a good enough reason enough for me.
- You can customize your healthy pizza crust with any and all of your favourite toppings.
- It’s vegetarian & gluten-free.
This may just be the best thing since sliced bread.
- 1 Caulipower Pizza Crust
- Avocado oil
- Ricotta cheese
- Feta cheese
- White cheddar cheese
- Broccoli microgreens
- Fresh baby spinach
- Fresh blueberries
- Note: I didn't give you exact measurements here because you really don't need them. Just top your pizza with as much of what you want, bake it at 425F for 10 minutes and BOOM, you're done. I drizzled the crust first with avocado oil, sprinkled the toppings on, baked it, then drizzled additional avocado oil on to finish it off.