Have you got 3 minutes? If so, this recipe is for you. It’s so easy I can’t even imagine ANYONE not being able to accomplish this in the kitchen. Come on. I’ll show ya.
Here’s the steps:
1. Take one sheet of thawed puff pastry dough and unroll it.
With me so far?
2. Take a few tablespoons of fresh or store bought pesto and schmear it all over the puff pastry dough.
3. Sprinkle dough with some steamed kale or spinach and some shredded cheese.
Still with me?
That’s about it, except for the rolling, cutting, twisting and baking part.
Could you just?
I can’t think of anything better to make for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner that is THIS QUICK.
See this picture below….
See the two pieces that are cut and slightly to the side?
I ate them.
Yes. That’s what I did. I ate them and to be honest, I would have polished off the whole darn thing by myself if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to leave some for Steve.
You need this in your life. You really do. Oh, and you can get really creative with the fillings here. You don’t have to stick with what I suggested. Why not try just pesto and cheese or maybe another savory filling. All you need to do is fill, roll, cut, twist and bake.
- 1 roll of puff pastry dough, thawed
- 2 - 3 tablespoons pesto, fresh or store bought
- 1 cup fresh kale, steamed
- ½ cup tex mex shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Unroll puff pastry dough on a work surface.
- Spread pesto over dough right to the edges.
- Top with kale and cheese.
- Roll up the dough and slice down the centre.
- Now twist both strands of dough and pinch the ends together.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve hot.
Bonny! I’m so excited! Hope you loved it! Xoxo
We did it. We used Spinach instead of Kale.
It was so yummy.