Why? Well folks, it’s been a wonderful year but all good things must come to an end.
Each month, I received three products to choose from and create a signature recipe for PC Black Label. We have had two amazing giveaways this year and I truly appreciated all the positive feedback I’ve received from all of you on my posts.
This month my three choices were so hard to choose from I had to turn to you (my faithful followers) to help me pick “the one”.
Naturally, I had to do a little research before tackling this recipe. I combined two of my favourite south Asian inspired recipes and came up with this Spicy Thai Red Curry Chicken.
I get really excited to test these dishes out on someone as unsuspecting as my husband Steve. Let’s just say, he is my best critic and one of my biggest supporters. Even when there are epic fails in the kitchen, I can always count on his advice (and his credit card to order takeout just in case). He also is a fabulous cook and a huge help around our simply beautiful kitchen.
So did this pass the “Steve approved” test?
In fact, as we sat down to a big steaming bowl of this heavenly curry, we hoped there would be lots of leftovers. As well, we couldn’t help but notice the aromatic flavour of the Kaffir Lime Leaves in this dish. They are Asian equivalent to bay leaves and lend a fragrant, citrus bouquet to your Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian curries, stir-fries and soups. These leaves can be ground into sauces or added whole during the cooking process, then removed before serving.
I spruced up these bowls with a bunch of my favourite garnishes and served them with a side of sticky rice. A perfect comforting and cozy recipe for this time of the year!
I’m looking forward to more exciting recipes in 2019 and can’t wait to play with my food again in the new year. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into bite size pieces (make sure it’s very thin)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- Red Curry Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 PC Black Label Kaffir Lime Leaves
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Garnishes - crushed peanuts, sliced limes, diced purple cabbage, cooked udon noodles, chopped cilantro or parsley
- Take thinly sliced chicken breast and place in a bowl or zip bag with marinade. Set aside while you’re making the curry sauce.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil in a pot and set the burner on your stove to medium heat.
- Once the pot is hot, add in the onions and sauté them until they are translucent, then add the garlic and cook it for 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Add in the red curry paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes. It may stick to the bottom of the pan but that’s fine.
- Add the coconut milk and gently scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the red curry paste to blend with the coconut milk.
- Add in the water, condensed milk, peanut butter PC Black Label Kaffir Lime Leaves, turmeric, chili flakes and stir until everything is thoroughly combined. Swirl the mixture and drop in the eggs in a steady stream.
- Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Adjust the heat back to medium low heat
- Add in the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
- Add in the fish sauce at the very end and adjust it to your taste as it’s very salty.
- Remove from heat when it is done, remove the PC Black Label Kaffir Lime Leaves and garnish it with toppings of your choice and serve it with rice, noodles or anything your heart desires.
**disclaimer – This post was sponsored by @Preschoice but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen! #sponsored #PCBlackLabel #PlayWithYourFood