Okay, so everyone knows about the viral feta pasta right? I made it and loved it. See how it turned out here.
This my friends is the definition of an easy recipe that is also all things delicious and super quick to make. Most of the flavor in this dish is going to be coming from the sundried tomato hummus, tomatoes and garlic cooking together with the olive oil. Then all of a sudden outta nowhere, you end up with a rich, creamy and OUTOFTHISWORLD sauce that becomes a perfect coating for your favorite pasta.
Now for the question. What is warm hummus like? Well, if you have ever been to a really great Mediterranean restaurant, they will serve their hummus warm alongside a big piece of freshly baked pita or Laffa bread. OMG, HEAVEN ON EARTH.
This dish is so versatile. You can use any type of pasta here. I went with a quinoa/lentil for a healthier option but you can use just about anything. Once the warm bursted tomatoes married with the hummus hit the pasta, you will never turn back.
Easy, quick – GO!
- 681g @sunsetgrown wild wonder cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon black Pepper
- 280g container of @sabracanada sundried tomato hummus
- 1 227g box @gogoquinoa pasta (I love the lentil and quinoa)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add tomatoes to an oven proof dish. Dot with the minced garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make a little space in the centre of the tomatoes to place your hummus in.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook your pasta, reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside. When the tomato / hummus mixture is baked, remove from oven and use a fork to squish the tomatoes and mix everything so you have a nice creamy sauce. Add the cooked pasta, fresh basil, reserved pasta water and mix. Top with more basil and serve hot. Enjoy!