(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce to make this super simple summer ice cream cake !)
And away we go with month #2 of the PCBlackLabel #PlayWithYourFood campaign!
Eeeeeee! I’m so excited to bring you news on two of their latest products and tell you about what was inside my latest PCBlackLabel Box.
Check these out:
First we have a PC Black Label White Peach Condiment, which in my opinion can dress up just about any dish perfectly. Incorporated in savoury or sweet, this can’t be beat.
Next, we have a PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce.
Um. Just the sound of this running off my tongue is making me drool. Say it with me sloooooowly (with a heavy Italian accent if you wish).
TOOOASSTED SESSSSSAME CARRRRAMEL SAUUUCE.
It’s the perfect topping or ingredient in baking, ice cream or anything your heart desires. Or, just pour it on your finger if you really don’t feel like messing up the kitchen.
Just as a side note, my husband had one look at it and said…”WHOA, that would be AWESOME on fish or chicken”.
Fish or chicken? I believe this is a D E S S E R T sauce Steve but I’m going to give you kudos for using your “kitchen brain” and coming up with this idea. I don’t think he’s going to win TOP CHEF with that one, but don’t tell him I said that.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret and then a big surprise. Ready?
First the secret, k?
Even before this box arrived, I was dreaming up a simple “summer ready” dessert. You know how I feel about easy shmeasy recipes, so this one is going to have you LOVING ME FOREVER.
I see you trying to scroll straight down to the recipe, but WAIT. JUST WAIT!
Next up is the surprise. Ready again?
I’m going to challenge all of you to #PlayItForward with me. This is going to be so much fun and you don’t even need to write this down because it’s a cinch to remember.
Over the past two months I have LOVED experimenting and discovering new tastes and flavours through my own #PlayItForward journey – so much so that I want to #PlayItForward and encourage all of you to JOIN IN!
Start your own culinary adventure and enter on today’s Instagram post on my feed for the chance to win……
DRUM ROLL PLEASE……
#PCBLACKLABEL BLACK BOX WITH TWO SURPRISE PRODUCTS INSIDE!
You will also be receiving a $50 President’s Choice Gift Card.
Here’s what you need to do. Now you might need a pen. It’s okay. I’ll hang on.
- COMMENT ON MY LATEST RECIPE ON MY INSTAGRAM FEED
- TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD CREATE AND MENTION YOUR PC BLACK LABEL PRODUCT CHOICE
- HASHTAG #PCBlackLabel & #PlayWithYourFood to enter.
Could this be any better? I don’t think so.
I’m telling you right now, every time I receive one of these boxes it’s like opening up a “kitchen creative” road map to my dreams.
Just to let you know. Even though this looks all fancy shmancy, it literally took me minutes to make.
No wait. It takes minutes to throw together, BUT you still have to tap your foot a zillion times while it’s freezing. I wish things froze faster. Don’t you?
Anyways, it’s worth the wait, because LOOK at what unleashes from your lowly loaf pan.
SUMMER HEAVEN topped off with my choice of product from my latest black box, PC Black Label’s Toasted Sesame Caramel Sauce.
An ultimate crowning glory to this dessert.
Are you ready for your culinary adventure?
- 4 litres ice cream, slightly softened for easier scooping - any flavour will do (I used President's Choice Blueberry Crumble, Mint Chocolate, Mango & Cotton Candy)
- 1 package Chocolate Chip Cookie Chips
- 1 jar PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce, slightly warmed
- 1 package sugar cone topping
- Optional garnishes - crushed pistachios, almonds and shaved dark chocolate
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Whatever wrap you are using ensure that it overhangs the loaf pan so you can lift it out easily after it's frozen.
- In the bottom of the lined pan, placed approximately half a package crushed chocolate chip cookie chips (or chocolate chip cookies will work too). Drizzle one to two tablespoons of the PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce over the cookies.
- Alternating scoops, fill the pan with your four flavour choices of ice cream. Pack in the scoops with the back of a large spoon.
- Top ice cream with the remaining ½ bag of chocolate chip cookie chips.
- Cover tightly (no air pockets please) and freeze for at least 4 hours or until rock solid.
- Remove from freezer, lift the cake out of the pan holding the edges of the wrap or paper. Invert onto serving stand or platter. Place jar of PC Black Label Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce in microwave without the lid and heat for 30 seconds. Drizzle ice cream cake with warmed sauce and garnish with sugar cone topping and any garnishes (above) as desired. Slice, serve immediately and swoon.
*disclaimer – This post was sponsored by PCBlackLabel @Preschoice but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen!
thank you !!
thanks so much! xo
This is such a pretty dessert.