(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Gorgonzola Dolce Soft Blue-Veined Cheese in this creamy, dreamy dressing and as an ingredient in this “summerlicious” salad.)
Well folks, we are deep into the month of May and the warm breezes are starting to blow across our great city (FINALLY!!). This month, I eagerly awaited the delivery of my next PC Black Label Box, and was so surprised to see that the contents arrived in a thermal bag to keep the products cold.When I opened it, I was greeted with three fabulous products from the PC Black Label line. So fabulous in fact, that I had a heck of a time deciding which one I was going to use in my latest culinary #PlayWithYourFood creation. I lined them up for you to choose your fave.Don’t they just look and sound divine? First up, we have the PC Black Label Green Tea with Ginger and Pineapple Loose Leaf Tea Blend. This tea actually speaks to everything I believe in. I’m a huge green tea fan and drink gallons of it everyday! This would make a perfect cup of warm and cozy or a refreshing chilled sip for the summer.Now it’s time for the truth. My eye’s went directly to the PC Black Label Pistachio Ice Cream. Beautifully green in colour, creamy texture and the taste? Well, it was out of this world!
I proceeded to drum up some recipe scenarios in my ever so crowded head and guess what? I came up with a perfect one to showcase this product.
So what happened? I’m going to tell you.
I had every intention of creating the perfect dessert treat and ended up with an epic fail because I’m not going to lie – ice cream is a food blogger’s nightmare to photograph.
I thought I had it figured out, until everything just started to melt really quickly and turned into a huge sloppy mess. I managed to salvage the ice cream cookie sandwiches, but there was no way I could post them on here today. NO WAY!!!Thanks to Steve, I moved onto what he would have picked as his top choice for a recipe. The PC Black Label Gorgonzola Dolce Soft Blue-Veined Cheese.I had all my ingredients lined up in a jiffy and created this simply beautiful summer salad with a creamy, sweet honey Gorgonzola dressing.I added in some crunch with a mixture of greens and fresh kale and topped the salad off with a trio of berries to boost that summer theme.All in all, a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
And now for the super exciting news!
I’m going to challenge all of you to #PlayItForward with me.As you can see, cooking, baking and working with ice cream can be a challenge. I have always LOVED experimenting and discovering new tastes and flavours through my own #PlayItForward journey, no matter what the outcome. So much so, that I want to #PlayItForward and encourage all of you to JOIN IN!Start your own culinary adventure and enter on today’s Instagram post on my feed for the chance to win……
JUNE PC BLACK LABEL BLACK BOX WITH SOME AMAZING SURPRISE PRODUCTS INSIDE!
You will also be receiving a $50 President’s Choice Gift Card. Woo HOO!!
Here’s what you need to do.
- COMMENT ON MY LATEST RECIPE ON MY INSTAGRAM FEED
- TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD CREATE AND MENTION YOUR PC BLACK LABEL PRODUCT CHOICE
- HASHTAG #PCBlackLabel & #PlayWithYourFood to enter.
- 1 cup fresh chopped kale
- 1 cup mixed greens
- ¼ cup microgreens
- 1 cup of mixed fresh berries (I used strawberries, raspberries & blueberries
- Garnish withPC Black Label Gorgonzola Dolce Soft Blue-Veined Cheese & PC Praline Pecans
- Drizzle with Honey Mustard Gorgonzola dressing (Recipe below)
- Place all salad ingredients on a platter or shallow serving bowl. Garnish with PC Black Label Gorgonzola Dolce Soft Blue-Veined Cheese, PC Praline Pecans and drizzle with honey mustard Gorgonzola Dressing.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbls organic honey
- ½ package PC Black Label Gorgonzola Dolce Soft Blue Veined Cheese
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor until well incorporated. Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
**disclaimer – This post was sponsored by PC Black Label @Preschoice but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen! #spon #PCBlackLabel #PlayWithYourFood #PlayItForward