If you’ve been searching for picnic food ideas for a summer picnic look no further. This dreamy setting was just what we needed to kick off the warmth of July.
Picnic. Just the word is enough to bring back fond memories of warm summer days, cool linens, sun-kissed skin and of course delicious food.
Let’s face it, who doesn’t like dining alfresco? I know I do.
Going on a picnic, can be as simple as throwing a couple of sandwiches in a basket and calling it a day or going all out with a “Brie” themed charcuterie filled with special touches.
Planning a picnic requires some thought, especially if you want it to be a memorable one.
Here’s some tips on how to master the perfect picnic:
- Make sure you pack easy to eat items. Think bite sized morsels of food such as beautiful cheeses, good quality deli meat, freshly baked crusty bread, crackers, nuts, raw veggies, assorted preserves, berries, dried and fresh fruit.
- All food items should be travel friendly (this means that they don’t require much thought to put together once you arrive at your destination)
- Choose a nice location and set the scene. Whether you set it up in your local park waterside or even your own backyard, make sure you are comfortable, shaded and the view is somewhat picturesque. You also want to make sure that you are in a spot that allows for easy eating and has enough room to stretch out and relax.
- Bring along fresh flowers, serving utensils glasses and pretty linens. Always make sure to pack an extra bag to put all your dirty dishes when you are ready to head home.
- Sips. Always make sure to pack a refreshing signature drink and pour it once you set up the picnic. Also a good idea to have plenty of water on hand if it’s very warm outside.
- Take photos. You want to remember this day.
There is something about eating outside that just feels so right. Maybe it’s the fresh air, or just the fact that it’s a break from our every day routines.
A time to disconnect from your devices and reconnect with nature.
What is the best part of having the perfect picnic? Definitely it’s all about the company you are with.
Go grab your nearest and dearest family or friends and settle down for some quality time away from the hustle and bustle of the work week and just enjoy the weather.
As we all know, summers are short around here, so soak it in while it lasts.
disclaimer* Product was provided for the post by Saputo Cheese #StartWithFresh @ingredients_by_saputo #saputo_partner Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Beautiful Eating in the kitchen.